September 4. Children will have the full Hebden Bridge School experience with Yoga and Meditation to hone their learning potential and the Democratic Meeting to participate in the running of the school. Class sizes will be small, no more than 12, and there will be ample one-to-one learning opportunities. All the teachers are fully qualified, experienced, with an excellent track record of GCSE teaching.
English Language, Mathematics, English Literature and Spanish.
We can offer other GCSEs if enough children are willing to take them up.
The timetable will look like this:
|08:35||PE including Yoga and Meditation|
|03:40||Reflection and preparation for homework and next day|
- Ages from 13-16.
- Normally students will study for a GCSE over a period of two years. Although for us when the student is ready and willing they can be entered for exams.
- There are 2 periods when exams can be taken. May/June or October/November.
- Homework: It is up to the student how much they do but 2 hours per subject per week is recommended.
- One-to-one classes are available and are charged separately.
- Fees vary from term to term but monthly, over 10 payments per year, work out to:
£198 per month for the one-day-a-week school.
£360 per month for the two-day school. (From September 2017)
- We are looking into becoming a registered exam centre. Until then exams can be conducted at Woodhouse Grove School in Bradford.
- Examination fees are charged separately.
- Once students sign up they commit to at least one full term ahead.
- To arrange an interview please contact us here.
- To register for an open morning see below