Admissions may take place at any time during the year.
- Children attend an admissions appointment with their parents. This is an opportunity to find out more about the child, how and what they like to learn, and inform them about what we do. Children are free to ask any question they wish. It is also an opportunity for parents to ask further questions and deal with administrative matters.
- The next stage is a “try it and see” try-out period which can last from 3 to 6 weeks. This gives each child enough time to then make an informed decision as to whether the community is the right place for them.
- Once the trial is over, the child, parents, and HBLC decide together whether the child can become a member of the learning community. The vast majority of trials result in the child joining us. It is important that the steps are gradual, allowing the child to feel their way through the admissions process.
Admissions for the following September
If you wish to reserve a place for September of the following academic year we request you do the following:
1. Book an admissions appointment here.
2. After the appointment, we organise a try-out of between 3-6 weeks.
3. If that all goes well we will ask you to pay the full deposit to reserve your place for September.
First day in the community
What do you need to bring with you?
On the first day please try to arrive a little early to meet the teacher and get familiar with the building.
- Packed lunch and plenty of snacks
- Water bottle
- Boots/Wellies for the woods
- Waterproof coat in the winter
- Waterproof zip up when the weather is better
- Pencil case with pencils, pens, sharpener, rubber, ruler,
- Ring binder folder