MADE TO MEASURE GCSEs FOR 13-16 YEAR OLDS.
1 DAY SCHOOL ON THURSDAYS
Innovation is at the heart of our school, so after much consultation, we are going to offer GCSEs in a unique, self-directed-study approach.
GCSE students from 13-16 years old do self-directed study supported by our teachers. Students decide which GCSES they want to do. They bring their work to school and are free to work independently and ask teachers for advice at any time. Teachers assist them with subject knowledge, study skills and exam technique. All our teachers are fully-qualified with an excellent track record of GCSE teaching. Children will have the full Hebden Bridge School experience with yoga and meditation to enrich their learning potential, as well as the democratic meeting to participate in the running of the school. Class sizes will be small with no more than 12.
Thursdays: English Literature, English Language, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Spanish, Italian, French and Art
Other GCSEs may be accommodated upon request.
- Ages from 13-16.
- Students can join at any time
- There are 2 periods when exams can be taken. May/June or October/November.
- It is up to the student how much homework they do but 2-3 hours per subject per week is recommended.
- We are in the process of becoming a registered exam centre. Until then exams can be conducted at Woodhouse Grove School in Bradford.
- Examination fees are charged separately.
See below for the daily timetable and fees.
|THURSDAY TIMETABLE 13-16 YEARS OLD, GCSE|
|08:35||PE including Yoga and Meditation|
|11:30||MONDAY- SELF-DIRECTED STUDYTHURSDAY- DEMOCRATIC MEETING|
|3:40||REFLECTION AND ORGANISATION|
Fees vary from term to term but monthly, over 10 payments per year, work out to:
£198 per month for the one-day-a-week. (This works out to about £55 per day for 7.5 hours of schooling which equals £7.33 per hour)
For full fees information click here